Vegetarian Chili Using the Instant Pot
Author: Diane Falcone
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 6 servings
This is an easy and delicious chili recipe made in the Instant Pot. You can also make this on the stove.
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ½ small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cups water1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Ranch dressing mix
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of corn kernels, drained or 1½ cups frozen corn
- Set Instant Pot to Saute.
- Add the vegetable broth
- When HOT add onions and cook 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic and cook 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add water, ranch dressing mix, taco seasoning, beans, and corn and stir to combine.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and turn to lock.
- Set to pressure cook for 14 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 10 minutes and quick release.
This recipe can also be made with ground turkey, chicken, or beef. Substitute 1 lb of the ground meet for the crumbles.