Pan Seared Salmon and Vegetables
This delicious salmon dinner includes a pan seared salmon fillet served on top of a bed of vegetables including bok choy, broccoli, green beans and spring onions. What gives this dish such a great flavor is the garlic/ginger oil and turmeric the vegetables are sautéed in and finally steamed in to finish cooking.
- 2 6-8 oz salmon fillet
- 1½ tbsp coconut oil
- ½ lb. bok choy, chopped
- ½ head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- ¼ lb. green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 spring onions, sliced thin
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Wash bok choy and cut off stems. Pull leaves apart.
- In a cold skillet, add 1 tbsp coconut oil and turn the heat to medium.
- In a separate pan add the ½ tbsp coconut oil and turn heat to medium/high. Once hot, add the salmon skin side down. Cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- In the other skillet, add the garlic and ginger, stirring gently. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Once the garlic and ginger are fragrant, add the bok choy and stir to coat with the oil. Add the broccoli, green beans, spring onions, water, salt and turmeric. Mix the vegetables with the garlic/ginger oil and bok choy. Cover with a lid and let steam for 1-2 minutes.
- Leaving the liquid in the pan, divide the vegetables onto 2 plates. Place one piece of salmon on each plate on top of the vegetables. Pour the leftover liquid over the salmon. Enjoy!